Start Time: 17 July at 20:30
End Time: 17 July at 22:00
FB EVENT PAGE.
Sejarah Kebangkitan Mahasiswa Universiti Malaya ‘60an
a multimedia lecture by Fahmi Reza
8.30pm, 17 July 2010
“To alienate students from politics means to alienate them from their own society” - Khong Kim Hoong, University Malaya Student Union 10th Council president (1969).
Fahmi Reza (director of 10 Tahun Sebelum Merdeka), will present his ongoing research into this under-documented period of Malaysian history in a multimedia lecture that combines rare photos, video footage, newspaper reports, archival materials and interviews.
Note: The lecture will be presented in Bahasa Malaysia.
Also something to look out for:
Angkatan, collectives, komuniti, clubs, gangs, generasi, gerakan, groups, kumpulan, movements, networks, subcultures.
Why do people come together and collaborate? How have they organised themselves in the past, and how are emerging technologies and ideas changing the way Malaysians work together-gether? And what makes these gengs tick, stick together or sick of each other?
From mid-July to mid-September, Mark Teh and his geng of frequent collaborators* will curate a series of conversations, presentations and public programmes at CHAI that will take us through:
- the student movement in Malaysia.
- the history & future of theatre collectives Instant Cafe Theatre and Five Arts Centre.
- a history of the Internet and crowd-sourced / collaborative content
social media networkers (citizen journalists, blogwires, Tweeples & Facebook groups, etc).
- flash mobs, urban provocateurs, and participatory partying
- dan lain-lain...
* Mark will be curating these events with Grey Yeoh, Fahmi Reza, Hardesh Singh, Hari Azizan, Leow Puay Tin and others.