Time: 20:00 - 22:00
Location: Function Room, Araville Apts
Street: Jalan Kapas, off Jalan Ara
Town/City: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For more info about EMP, check out their FB Page.
EMP invites you to join the brand new LiveShocks, a friendly, laid back reading session where writers can have their work read, actors can have a chance to read some brand new material and directors can listen (for a change).
It's simple, really:
- you can bring any material: it can be a script, it can be a poem, a piece of prose, a monologue or even a song (but if it's a song, you better bring someone who can sing it for you!)
- we get together, and we read and listen, together. Each piece of work will be followed by a small Q&A session
- and it's okay if you don't have anything to bring, we need to people to come, lsiten and read too! Bring your enthusiasm and support and you will always be welcome.
1 ) Because there's only so much time in an evening, we take a maximum of 5 scripts per night. This does not apply to short poems, prose or songs. Please email the title, your name and a short blurb of your script at least by the day before the session to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Scripts can be any length under 15 minutes (approx.).
3) Scripts can come in film/stage format, they can be short vignettes, skits, complete short plays or selected scenes from a larger longer project. Feel free to use LiveShocks as a place to experiment.
4) unprinted scripts will not be accepted. Writers should print a script for every character their script features and a spare for stage directions (eg. 3 characters = 4 scripts). If you need to have your scripts printed, you can do it for you for a small charge. Contact Alex for more info.
5) your work is your work. We declare no right to your work. Protect the ownership of your work - check out the discussion board on our Facebook page for more details.
For those who get easily lost, here is a map for your comfort :)
And for those who cannot read maps:
Get to Bangsar Shopping Centre. At the junction outside BSC, head UP the hill (Jln Penaga) and keep following that road till you get to a set of traffic lights (junction of Jln Penaga and Jln Ara). Turn right, and take the next immediate right after onto Jln Kapas. Head up the hill, turn right again, head straight through the T-junction and Araville Apartments is on your left. Outdoor and indoor parking is free. Ask for Alex at the guardhouse, head up to the swimming pool on the 3rd floor and the Function Room is there. It's hard to miss. It'd be filled with noisy, boisterous and possibly obnoxiously theatrical people (at least we are honest about it).
Remember, if the guard is being arsey, just ask for Alex!