Time: 8pm - 10pm
Sparky Dawg Entertainment, Ground Floor, Unit 108, Block G, Phileo Damansara 1, No 9 Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, SelangorJalan 16/11Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200200963349337
EMP invites you to join LiveShocks, a friendly, laid back reading session where writers can have their work read,
actors can have a chance to read some brand new material and directors can listen (for a change).
It's simple, really:
- you can bring any material: it can be a script, it can be a poem, a piece of prose, a monologue or even a song (but if it's a song, you better bring someone who can sing it for you!)
- we get together, and we read and listen, together. Each piece of work will be followed by a small Q&A session
- and it's okay if you don't have anything to bring, we need to people to come, listen and read too! Bring your enthusiasm and support and you will always be welcome.
Now some things you script writers should take note of:
1 ) Because there's only so much time in an evening, we take a maximum of 5 scripts per night. This does not apply to short poems, prose or songs. Please email the title, your name and a short blurb of your script at least by the day before the session to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't email her, she can only slot you in if there are less than 5 scripts that session.
2) Scripts can be any length under 15 minutes (approx.).
3) Scripts can come in film/stage format, they can be short vignettes, skits, complete short plays or selected scenes from a larger longer project. Feel free to use LiveShocks as a place to experiment.
4) unprinted scripts will not be accepted. Writers should print a script for every character their script features and a spare for stage directions (eg. 3 characters = 4 scripts). If you need to have your scripts printed, we can do it for you for a small charge. Contact Amanda on email@example.com for more info.
5) your work is your work. We declare no right to your work. Protect the ownership of your work - check out the discussion board on our Facebook page for more details.